Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The Journey of a Shirt

People say I am simply a shirt. I am not. I have feelings, needs, desires. My job is to represent a Pilates studio in Atlanta, GA called Core Pilates and Gyrotonic and I love it. I spend everyday there, encouraging people to work out, sweat, stretch, learn to enjoy themselves! But like everyone else, sometimes I need a vacation. So I begged and pleaded and finally was allowed to tag along with a Core devotee on my first trip to London.

I'm so glad I fit in her suitcase because after much internet searching, I learned that tickets are really expensive.

We stopped by the first-class lounge on the way to our plane, as you do. I had a cocktail as I watched the planes.

The journey was long, especially in the cargo hold, but we made it. I passed customs successfully and boarded the Heathrow Express for our journey to Paddington station.
It felt nice to stretch out.

Got to the hotel, unpacked, then decided to go for a run through Hyde Park. It was a gorgeous day, people complain about rain, but I say- what rain? It's London baby!



We saw horses, school children playing soccer (excuse me, football) beautiful flowers as it was the week of the Chelsea flower show, but whew, after that adventure, I had to take a nap. In fact, I slept all the way through until the next day. Jet-lag is no joke.

Day 2, the sun is out, absolutely gorgeous day. We decided to jump on a Boris bike and go for a ride through town.

In our sightseeing we rode past Big Ben-
Westminster Abbey-
and the London Eye-
It is a remarkably beautiful city. 

After our trek my travel mate had meetings she needed to attend to, so I did what every British citizen does at half past 5- I went to the pub.
It was quite the adventure. I discovered my preference for ales over lagers; that I love to say 'bugger' before most any word; and that snooker and pool are not the same game! Fun.

The next day we jumped on the tube-


Popped in to the local Yoga/Pilates studio to say hello-

Then made our way to Camden to meet up with friends. Another gorgeous day. Chilly, but beautiful.
Camden Lock

mmmm.... love oranges

It warmed up quickly so we headed to Regent's Park to tan ourselves. I tried to teach them about narrowing, but they told me to ssshh and enjoy the sunshine.
Alas, no tan for me, the English sun is not my friend.

Clouds started to descend on our luxurious day and by the next day it was overcast- overcast, but rain-free. We took the opportunity to go for one more run, this time along the Thames in Chelsea.

And then afterward a quick trip to the National Gallery of Art-
they were setting up for a concert, shame I missed it, I love to sing


 I love to pose for photos too. Obv.

Back on the tube and off to Heathrow. 

I had such a lovely trip abroad, the people are so nice and the scenery so fantastic. I wonder what country I'll visit next????



No comments:

Post a Comment