Thursday, May 2, 2013

Design Time: Etsy

Designing your house can be so difficult and soooo expensive. Enter: the beauty of the internet and Etsy

Etsy is a social commercial website that focuses on selling handmade or vintage items. It removes the store third-party and let's you buy directly from the artisans themselves. I love Etsy and have bought many an item from light fixtures to iPad cases to purses- all fantastic quality and craftsmanship.

I wanted to feature a few shops to aid your house designing aspirations. Because we both know you have them and who doesn't need a little help?

Furniture
1. Recycled Brooklyn - recycled furniture made to order in Brooklyn, NY. Wood, steel, coffee bags- everything is recycled. Helping the environment while making gorgeous furniture.
Recycled Coffee Sack Storage Bench
Salvaged Floor Beam Coffee Table

2. Homestead Seattle - custom upholstered and vintage furniture.
could I live on this leather chaise? why yes, yes I could. 
bring me more wine please.

I love the color of these Rosewood chairs. Perfect pop for any dining room.

3. Rocky Mountain Table Company - a Denver-based furniture company. I love their pieces, industrial chic.
Inside out dining room table
Walnut Coffee Table

Lighting
1. DWVintage - vintage light fixtures. Fun, flirty, industrial. 


2. onefortythree - I love their unique lights. And brass anything. Oh to live in a world made of brass.
Wood veneered pendant light
Black Powder Coated Swiveling Lamp

3. Worley's - unique pieces, handmade in Charlotte, NC
Hurricane Pedestal Lamp
Wooden Wall Sconce

Kitchen
1. Julia Paul Pottery - Contemporary ceramics. Her work is the perfect blend of art and usability. My favorite are the dark clays with easy glazes.
Breakfast Bowls
Six Pottery Tumblers

2. Oh, Little Rabbit - Eco-friendly, organic, fun hand-printed housewares
Cloth Napkins
Tea Towels

3. Wind & Willow Home - Hand-painted wooden bowls and utensils. 
Wooden Mini Bowl Set


Other Home Decorating Goods
1. Linen Crafts - Blankets, bedding, table cloths and kids collections all made with linen fabrics imported from Europe.
Lavender Linen Blanket
Linen Bed Cover

2. Local Produce Design - I'll go ahead an admit some bias here as this is my mother's shop. Nevertheless, she makes beautiful pillows. Always something easy to use to decorate a room.
Blue, Black and Grey Color Block Pillow
Thomas Paul Forest Print

3. Georgianna Lane Photography - You know I love art. In addition to everything listed above, Etsy is also a wonderful place to buy affordable art to dress up your walls. Especially photography. I did a treasury list of various photographers I like on Etsy, but to focus one on here, I chose Georgianna Lane. 

Yes, it is feminine, which is typically not my aesthetic. However, I can't stop staring at her work; especially, her flower series. Buy a massive print and hang it in your little girl's room. Or in your kitchen. It will brighten your day.
Pink Dahlia
Parisian Peonies

Thank you for joining me on today's journey through Etsy. We will return, don't you worry, there are too many wonderful shops to explore! For now, take a moment and have a look for yourself- I bet you find something delicious you never knew you couldn't live without.




2 comments:

  1. Great roundup! You picked some of my favorite shops. I'd also like to recommend the design pallet - they are based in Seattle and use reclaimed and salvaged lumber to make really gorgeous modern organic furniture. https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheDesignPallet Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for featuring my photographs!

    best,

    Georgianna

    ReplyDelete