Friday, April 26, 2013

Restaurant Review: Full Kee

Sorry I've been such a shit blogger recently. I had a particularly exhausting trip to DC, promptly followed by contracting pneumonia. It's been really awesome. But now I am back with you and am ready to continue my DC eating extravaganza.

The night after we ate at Kushi, we tried Matchbox on Capitol Hill, but the meal was meh and not worthy of a post. So moving on to our next meal adventure: Full Kee

Full Kee is a favorite of ours and one I was particularly looking forward to revisiting. There's nothing special about the environment- definitely one you could walk past and hesitate going inside. But then you'd be an idiot and miss out on an incredible meal.

Located in Chinatown, Full Kee has been included in the Top 100 Chinese Restaurants in America six years running. In case you need a reason other than my blog to go.

Following our normal routine we sat, ordered beer, and let Jonathan do allllllllll the ordering. 
Ahhhh.... Tsingtao. Refreshingly delicious.
We began with the pork dumplings, hand rolled to order.

I have such fond memories of these. Brief, as I shoved them in my mouth pretty quickly, but fond.

Then, plate after plate of incredibleness started to arrive. Beginning with Crispy Spicy Grouper- 

 Followed by my absolute FAVORITE dish, Stir-Fried Chives Flower-

 Then pork with dried tofu-

Ending with Chicken and Eggplant casserole. Which, I have to say, I wasn't quite sure about as I'm not the biggest eggplant fan, but, cooked this way the eggplant is creamy and almost melts in your mouth. I ate much of this.


Finally, our fortune cookies. We interpreted the fact that we all had the same fortune, as one we were supposed to take REALLY seriously. So we listened and had a really really good time. Much love for my movie family.

Full Kee, 509 H Street NW, Washington, DC 20001. Give it a go. You won't be disappointed.




No comments:

Post a Comment