Friday, February 28, 2014

NYFW FALL 2014 - Part Two

Prabal Gurung. That's where Part Two begins. The moment when I thought "Ok, how much money is in my bank account right now and how much do I really need." Prabal's show was so rich in it's colors and details and yet, so seemingly effortless. A strong, confident woman walks through life in Prabal's clothes.







My awe and amazement (and my credit card balance-checking) continued on to Tracy Reese who, typically, isn't my favorite. I'm not a print-girl and Tracy loves herself some prints. I like solids, done well and dramatically, but there are moments when I covet a print, when I dream of the perfect Pucci. Tracy loves herself some prints and in this season, I loved them too.
I am not even kidding where can I get this coat right now.


I also really liked Jill Stuart's show. Her clothes are tailored perfectly and the colors so flattering and intriguing- feminine but not so girly I feel like a child when I wear them. There's nothing avant-garde about her designs, but hers are the clothes I would wear most often and to me that's the sign of a successful designer. And I wouldn't be joking when I say my level of coveting this first blue dress/coat piece is at it's highest point, maybe ever.





Donna Karan had a coat that makes me want to be an international badass female spy/assassin... in Russia.
And this lovely piece which I think inadvertently screams Kiera Knightly...

Badgley Mischka impressed this season with a collection of dresses that weren't so immediately 'ah! my eyes, my eyes!' as the taste level has increased and someone has definitely reigned in the Bedazzler.  They have really lovely clothes that should be explored more for red carpet outings.





My love for all things Jenny Packham continued... even though this season was a bit boring.



And finally we arrive at Hugo Boss ** collective sigh of happiness** Alas we are not alone. Gwyneth Paltrow, Reese Witherspoon, Diane Kruger- they all attended too because our mutual love of Jason Wu designing Hugo Boss is strong. 

The collection was quintessential Boss minimalism, almost German 1920s in design. Silk and cashmere dominate the fabrics- a true Fall/Winter collection.






and Boom. Stella Tennant closes the show. Like a real Supermodel should.

Onward to Ralph Lauren who used pale pink, light grey, and white as his Fall/Winter color palette, a muted beauty. I hate pale pink, I don't understand why it's a color. But the grey and white pieces (we all know much I love a white moment) were gorgeous. I've thrown in some pinks so you can make your own, informed, decision. But... blech.






I have a strong suspicion we will see this dress at the Oscars.

And we end New York Fashion Week with J. Mendel, easily one of my top 5 shows of the NY season. Love the colors, love the styling, love the mix of prints and solids. A beautiful Fall/Winter show.







So long for now NY. Very excited to dress myself next year. On to London!








No comments:

Post a Comment